Research worldwide has shown that green roofs limit the impact of climate change, underlining the valuable role they play in sustainable design. They reduce heat transmission from rooftop to habitable space below, lower ambient temperature, mitigate urban heat island effect, reduce rainwater runoff, and improve air quality and aesthetics.
The components of our Green Roof System have wide applicable range in the landscape, building and construction industries and benefit both the buildings on which they are installed as well as their immediate urban environments.
View our selected components->
VersiCell® – Modular Drainage Cell
MEP® Tray – Modular Extensive Planting System
VersiDrain® 30 – 30 mm Interlocking Modular Green Roof Tray
VersiDrain® 60 – 60 mm Interlocking Modular Green Roof Tray
VersiDrain® 150 – 150 mm Interlocking Modular Green Roof Tray
EnviroMix® PB – Lightweight Organic Planting Media
- Podium decks
- Roof gardens
- Extensive Greenroof – Shallow media, lower maintenance
- Intensive Greenroof – Deeper media, higher maintenance
- A roof structure that is partially or completely covered with vegetation
- Waterproofing membranes protection from mechanical and UV damage
- Stormwater retained and returned to the atmosphere via transpiration
- Improved aesthetics
- Important wildlife habitats
Green roof systems offer several benefits:
- Improved Property Value – Planted roof areas increase the ‘permeable to hard-stand’ ratio on building sites and allow the creation of utilizable commercial and recreational roof gardens and terrace areas.
- Improved Environment – plant species minimize greenhouse gas emissions, pollutants are adsorbed onto growth media particles and plant species provide a habitat for a diverse range of fauna
- Reduced Energy Costs – radiation is minimized and growth media insulation ensures cooler buildings in the summer and warmer buildings in winter
- Reduced Maintenance – roofing materials and waterproofing membranes are protected against UV degradation, hail and storm conditions
- Better Sound Protection – inter level noise transfer is minimized
- Water retention – precipitation is retained on site reducing run-off to storm water systems.
VersiCell is an efficient lightweight, high strength, interlocking drainage module that captures and transports high water volumes and protects the waterproofing membrane. VersiCell is Ideally suited for use in intensive green roof systems where load weight bearing capacity and efficient drainage is important.
|Size||500 mm (L) x 500 mm (W) x 30 mm (H)
500 mm (L) x 250 mm (W) x 30 mm (H)
500 mm (L) x 500 mm (W) x 20 mm (H)
|Compressive Strength||~800 kN/m² (80 t/m²)|
|Discharge Capacity||16.5 l/m.s @1% gradient|
|Surface Void Area||>62%|
|Internal Void Area||>95%|
|Biological / Chemical
|Unaffected by moulds and algae and good resistance to oils, acids, alkalis and bitumen|
VersiDrain® 30 is a lightweight, interlocking modular tray used for extensive green roof systems on new or existing flat and low sloped roofs. Its flexible design enables it to be used on curved and irregular shaped roofs. The water stored within the reservoirs reduces irrigation requirements for sustainable plant growth.
|Size||500 mm x 500 mm|
|Height (overall)||30 mm|
|(according to design preference and parameters)|
|Reservoir capacity||11.6 l/m²|
A needle-punch geotextile filter fabric placed onto either VersiCell ( intensive green roofs) or VersiDrain 25P ( extensive green roofs) prevents fine particles in the growing media from entering and causing clogging. A >25 mm layer of coarse washed sand is positioned on the geotextile in intensive green roof systems before the addition of lightweight growing media. The geotextile also acts as a ‘capillary wick’ when positioned onto VersiDrain 25P in extensive green roofs.
|Minimum weight||> 120 g/m²|
|Pore size||< 190 microns|
@ 40% elogation
|> 4 kN|
@ 60% elogation
|> 440 N|
|Puncture resistance||> 800 N|
|Trapezoidal tear strength||> 270 N|
|Flow rate||> 50 l/ms|
VersiWeb is an expandable, high strength and flexible cellular confinement cell. The dimensionally stable and inert honeycomb structure both contains and prevents, growing media movement, on sloped roofs.
|Standard Cell||Large Cell|
|Cell Dimension:||203 mm x 244 mm||406 mm x 488 mm|
|Cell Heights:||50 mm
|Thickness:||1.2 mm||1.2 mm|
|Tensile Strength:||(Long.)||18.4 MPa||18.4 MPa|
|(Trans.)||19.5 MPa||19.5 MPa|
|Seam Weld Strength:||50 mm
|Size Per Panel:||approx. 15.0 m²
(2.44 m x 6.1 m)
|approx. 30.0 m²
(2.44 m x 12.2 m)
|Weight Per Panel:||50 mm
|Long Term Seam
|> 30 days||> 30 days|
|> 3,000 hours||> 3,000 hours|
|Biological/chemical resistance||Unaffected by molds, algae and good resistance to oils, acids, alkalis and bitumen.
Does not affect potable water
|* 100 mm seam width supporting 72.5 kgf load at ambient temperature according to ASTM E41|