Colphene BSW is a pre-applied waterproofing system membrane designed for horizontal and vertical external blind-side waterproofing applications.
- Retaining walls, foundations
- Horizontal and vertical external blind-side waterproofing
- Substructure envelope
- Superior adhesion to poured concrete
- High resistance to hydrostatic pressure
- Excellent resistance to tear and puncture
- Ultra-high strength reinforcement is fully encapsulated in membrane composition
- Excellent protection against water infiltration at critical locations
- Protects against aggressive soils and contaminated ground water
- Resistant to chemicals (Chloride, Sulphate and Ph level between 2 and 10)
- Remarkable adhesion to structural poured concrete
- Homogeneous, fully sealed systems on overlaps
- Continuous and homogenous bond to structural concrete
- Non-permeable to vapour and gas
- Highly UV-resistant
- Excellent durability reduces future maintenance costs
- Provides excellent dimensional stability and accommodation to structural movements
- Eliminates the need for concrete screed on the horizontal substrate
- Eliminates the need for protection board on the vertical substrate
- Allows for optional design considerations for the use of waterstop
- Fast & easy installation
- No additional accessories nor ancillary material required
Before commencing work, all surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean and free of debris.
Waterproofing Membrane Installation (Horizontal)
1.In horizontal application apply the COLPHENE BSW-H loose laid on the concrete blinding or compacted soil.
2.Stagger laps in order to avoid excessive layering. End laps will be staggered by at least 300 mm.
3.Seal all overlaps by heat-welding with a torch. Side lap to be minimum 75 mm and end lap to be minimum 150 mm.
4.It is recommended to apply COLPHENE BSW PROTECT’R as a protection layer over the Colphene BSW-H prior to placement of the reinforcement steel bars as a precaution to limit the chances of any incidentals while work is in progress.
5.Install the protection sheet in longitudinal strip centred over COLPHENE BSW-H side laps by removing the siliconed release film on the underside.
6.Use a broom or a heavy roller to apply a uniform pressure over the entire surface of the protection sheet COLPHENE BSW PROTECT’R.
7.The contractor shall verify meticulously the membrane installation at the end of each day of work as well as before the steel work.
8.Holes and tears in the membrane must be repaired with a reinforcement membrane (COLPHENE BSW-H). The repair must exceed the affected surface area by at least 100 mm.
Waterproofing Membrane Installation (Vertical)
1.COLPHENE BSW-V is installed in vertical strip of 5 meter maximum onto acceptable substrate by removing the siliconed release film on the underside.
2.Ensure minimum 75 mm side overlap between each strip.
3.Use a hard roller approved by membrane’s manufacturer to apply pressure over the entire surface of the membrane in order to ensure sufficient adhesion to prevent membrane movement during installation of poured in place concrete. The adhesion of poured in place concrete to top surface of membrane to be superior to adhesion quality of the membrane to blinding ensure permanent adhesion of the waterproofing system to structural concrete.
4.Heat all side lap edges with a torch and use a round nose trowel to create a perfect seal with melted bitumen.
5.The uppermost edge of each strip must be mechanically fastened to substrate using 50 mm (diameter) round plates and appropriate fasteners for blinding material at every 300 mm on centre.
6.Horizontal joints shall be aligned and overlapped by minimum 200 mm covering all fasteners.
7.Install a 300 mm reinforcement strip of COLPHENE BSW-H fully heat-welded with a torch centred on all horizontal joints.
8.All angle changes as well as inside and outside corners must be reinforced by installing an additional 300 mm piece of COLPHENE BSW-H centred in the angle.
9.The contractor shall verify meticulously the membrane installation at the end of each day of work as well as before the steel work.
10.Holes and tears in the membrane must be repaired with a reinforcement membrane (COLPHENE BSW-H). The repair must exceed the affected surface area by at least 100 mm.
|PROPERTY||VALUE (Colphene BSW V / H)||TEST METHOD|
|Thickness||3.0 / 3.5 mm||ASTM D3767|
|Tensile strength||14.2 / 11.9 MPa||ASTM D5147|
|Ultimate elongation||101 / 123 %||ASTM D5147|
|Flexibility at cold temperature||Unaffected at -23 °C||ASTM D1970|
|Puncture resistance||1210 N||ASTM E154|
|Tear resistance||611 / 474 N||ASTM D5147|
|Lap peel adhesion||1.5 / 23.5 kN/m||ASTM D1876|
|Water absorption||0.5 %||ASTM D570|
|Adhesion of poured concrete||4248 N/m||ASTM D903|
|Resistance to hydrostatic head||114 m||ASTM D5385|
|Water vapour transmission||0.21 ng/Pa · s · m²||ASTM E96 method B|